WILLIAMSPORT, PA – The Crosscutters continue to not disappoint, allowing the burden of not being a massive letdown day after day fall squarely upon their roster’s mostly not-even-drafted-by-the-team-yet shoulders.
It’s hard to pick a single facet of this gem of the NY-Penn League representative of a downtrodden organization, but the strength of the pitching staff is not up for debate. The starting rotation has been perfect thus far, not allowing a single walk to an opponent thru April and into May. Their bullpen has yet to give up a run – and in spite of a lack of offense, the Crosscutters remain undefeated. Their season starts June 17 in State College against the Spikes, get your tickets here.
Elsewhere in the Phillies organization:
- The Phillies (16-21) dropped their third straight Friday night when the bullpen coughed up a formidable one run lead to the Arizona Diamondbacks, further unraveling the strong start to their west coast swing earlier this week with a series win against the defending champion San Francisco Giants.
- Lehigh Valley (14-20) continued their losing streak in losing fashion, losing their fourth straight game, this time to the Durham Bulls for a change.
- The Fightin’ Phils (13-19) of Reading, PA were allowed to delay the inevitable and go home early when their hardscrabble 3-3 tie was suspended in the 7th inning due to inclement weather.
- Clearwater’s Threshers (18-16) continued to improve upon their .500 record with a 2-1 win over Lakeland, which is good for them but deflates the entire premise of this post.
- It keeps getting worse – for this weaksauce joke – as the Lakewood BlueClaws (11-22) pummeled the Grasshoppers 10-3 down in Greensboro last night after 4 home runs (including one grand slam). The Greenville Drive also won last night – keeping the race for dead last in the SAL as close as ever.
- 700 Level
- Crashburn Alley
- High Cheese
- House That Glanville Built
- Philadelphia Will Do
- Philled In
- Philly Gameday
- Philly Gossip
- Phoul Ballz
- The Good Phight
- The Insider
- The Zo Zone
- Where's Weems?
- Who Does He Play For?
- Zoo With Roy