By far the funniest story this weekend (or most pathetic, depending on your moral stance) was the outing of Ryan Ward, a Jersey shore resident who spent his entire summer banging unsuspecting women who were under the impression that he was actually Yankee pitcher Joba Chamberlain. Although it sounds like a blast, there is apparently some crime called “criminal simulation” that Ryan committed. With the possibility of jail time looming, he turned to The Howard Stern Show in search of a certain bloated attorney (mayday!) who may be able to help out. Besides rehashing everything from Saturday’s story in the New York Post (including the part where he bedded between 60-100 women), Fake Joba also relays some new information including:
- Fake Joba is actually a Phillies fan born in Wilmington, DE.
- Fake Joba is going to have a face-to-face meeting with Real Joba on Friday at Yankee Stadium. Not surprisingly, the New York Post put this together for a follow-up piece.
- Fake Joba used to be married to the daughter of Debbie McIntyre. Debbie McIntyre was the mistress of Wilmington lawyer Thomas Capano. Thomas Capano, if you recall, murdered Anne Marie Fahey in 1996. The gun he killed her with was purchased by Ms. McIntyre. Sound confusing? Good.
- Fake Joba was the High School baseball teammate of current Toronto Blue Jay and owner of an Eagles tattoo, Kevin Mench.
- Fake Joba is “probably” facing jail time, but “really doesn’t care.”
Below, I’ve embedded the audio from the show so you, too, can hear how shady this guy is. He talks about his Joba-induced conquests in a bragging tone, and shows absolutely zero remorse for anything he did. It’s quite comical, actually.
The clip is actually three different clips edited together. The first is the discussion when they find out the Fake Joba is in the building, the second is when Ba Ba Booey can’t find him, and the third is when he finally makes it into the studio. Enjoy:
Audio: Fake Joba on Howard Stern [explicit language]
Summer of Scam | New York Post
The true life story of the Jersey Shore’s fake Joba Chamberlain | Big League Stew
- 700 Level
- Crashburn Alley
- High Cheese
- House That Glanville Built
- Philadelphia Will Do
- Philled In
- Philly Gameday
- Philly Gossip
- Phoul Ballz
- The Good Phight
- The Insider
- The Zo Zone
- Where's Weems?
- Who Does He Play For?
- Zoo With Roy